Tuesday 3 April 2012

bareMinerals READY: Swatches & Review

So bareMinerals' new pressed collection, aptly named READY has finally landed! I've been a fan of bareMinerals for a long time now, but I always tend to avoid their colour products as I honestly can't be bothered with lose pigments for my eyes and cheeks when it comes to everyday makeup. They've used what they call 'solid mineral technology', utilising sea minerals with rejuvenating, anti-ageing properties to retain their emphasis on mineral makeup that is good for your skin.

The line consists of 22 shades of eyeshadow duos, four quads, ten blushes, three bronzers and two shades of their famous mineral veil.

bareMinerals kindly sent me a few of these new compacts to show you all, and I have to say I'm really impressed!

The packaging is gorgeous, the rounded-off square compacts have a matte-rubberised effect and feel good quality. As they have a similar finish to NARS products, I'm sure they will be equally as difficult to keep clean. I'm not a fan of the miniature brushes and sponge applicators that are included, I'd rather have more product personally.

The eyeshadows are smooth, creamy and beautifully pigmented. They blend nicely and last all day if you use them with a base. The above palette is 'The Soundtrack', the below duo 'The Grand Finale'.

The blush I tried, 'The Faux Pas', wasn't as heavily pigmented as I'd hoped but the colour is gorgeous none the less. The names of the collection are also surprisingly risque... It's not just the packaging that's similar to NARS then!

Overall, I'm really impressed with this line. The prices are a little on the high side, starting at £19 for the duos and £29 for the quads but I think they're fair considering the single loose eyeshadows retail for £11. The single blushes are a little less than the pressed at £19 compared to £22 but i think the packaging makes up for that.

What do you guys think of the new bareMinerals line? Anything catch your eye? Personally I'm excited to try the pressed mineral viel, as that's my favourite product from bareminerals.

**For some reason, bareMinerals have decided to release only 15 of the 22 duos, 2 of the 4 quads (but all of the blushes) onto bareminerals.co.uk, freestanding bM boutiques and Selfridges until 1st May, when the full line will be released in all bM retailers (check out their website for the exact shades - too confusing for a blog post!)
Share:

42 comments

  1. Oh the quad is so beautiful! Amazing colours!
    I am kind of jealous right now :-D

    xxx Janna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get my hands on some! Lovely post :)

    Laura xo
    http://laurascosmeticwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush looks gorgeous! The perfect shade of pink! :)

    Kim
    www.youtube.com/user/mskimikiwi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blush but I can imagine the eyeshadows going everywhere and with the packaging being matte effect I can tell it would just become a mess in my make up bag :) heee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!!!! The duo is awesome, I need it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never be arsed with loose pigments either, they always end up all over my face which is rarely the look I'm going for! I love that they've created some flat pressed items that are still in keeping with the mineral feel. The colours look really lovely! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  7. The duo shades seem to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours are gorgeous! I love the blush, the shade is really pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The duo looks AMAZING !
    Absolutely adorable.
    I cant wait to get my hands on theae

    annadeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shadows are super cute! I love how pigmented the colours are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shades! You have inspired me to start my own blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These eyeshadows look amazing! There so pigmented and lovely looking :)
    http://theredoneblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could it be?! A blue eyeshadow that doesn't look the least bit tacky?! I'm impressed! Also I agree with you as far as the miniature brushes and applicators go. If anyone's paying £19 for an eyeshadow it kind of goes without saying that they're already going to have a good quality brush on hand. It'd definitely be a better idea for companies like this to increase the amount of product in their compacts rather than including a brush people are probably going to ignore.

    Great review Fleur!

    Courtney,
    Such A Beautiful Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I know... the little brushes are just irritating to me, I wouldn't even mind smaller packaging :) And I think the blue is really pretty too - I never normally wear blur eyeshadow but this one is gorgeous and definitely wearable! :)

      Delete
  14. That blusher looks amazing, what a gorgeous colour!
    katieneedsajob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow the pigmentation looks really good, from the eye shadow swatches! Not a big fan of there mineral foundations though

    http://mademoisellemaria.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quad but it's a tad to expensive for me ;'( x

    ReplyDelete
  17. the sound track palette looks gorgeous!!!

    http://cookyymonster.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently purchased the Tinted Veil (which I've used for years) in the pressed version and I LOVE it so much more now. I just throw it in my bag and use it to freshen up my make up throughout the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like the veil! I think I'm going to take a look at it when I'm in New York next week as bM is cheaper there :D

      Delete
  19. Ooh, that blue and gold duo is gorgeous, reminds me of Lancome's fall 09 pallette "Indigo Charm" xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous WOW!

    katiesbeautyworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. these look amazing and the pigmentation is incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The eyeshadows look amazing wish i could use them but im elergic too bare minerals witch is soo sad as i would love to use there foundation. as always an amazing post



    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow that blue is GORGEOUS. I can feel my blue/teal/green shadow addiction coming back. Oh, the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fleur another great review and I am the same who can be bothered with loose pigments everyday not me! I love the golds they are so pretty I am wondering if I should purchase the collection myself now?
    xx Lucy
    lucyamazingjuicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the blush! it´s a lovely tone! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Seem a little pricey to me, the blush looks lovely though xx

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. the eyeshadow colours look really nice and pigmented!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the grand finale colours, they're gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really want to try the pressed mineral veil, it's my favorite from them as well!

    www.julianneinjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look amazing gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh they do look lovely, but I agree with you on the brushes/applicators - I never use them and it just seems like a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous colors!
    Did NOT expect such a good quality from Bare Minerals to be quite honest...

    Lily
    http://mistletea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've had the quad in "the truth" for a couple months, and use it almost every day!
    Such a great neutral quad :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really, really want that quad. I'll definitely be looking out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love bare minerals cat wait to try some of these pressed eyeshadows out!!
    Www.sleepeatbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your reviews! How do you get products sent to you by different companies?

    ReplyDelete

© Fleur De Force | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig